This is an idea I’ve blatantly plagiarized from the Crazy Sexy Life Blog (where you can read about Green Smoothies and all kinds of good, healthy living options and vegan food). Kris Karr’s ideas are pretty compelling when you read her story: Karr (who is gorgeous) had stage 4 breast cancer, which is very serious, and decided to treat herself with food, supplements, and healthy living. Seems like she’s doing pretty dandy.
So, I liked her exercise. Here’s my version:
2011 in Review (with gratitude)
- Started a Blog
- Said “no” more.
- Got to see Casey and Johnny.
- Wrote a lot, sometimes more than two pages at a time–a record for me in my present shape.
- Hung out more with friends
- Great CT scans! The aneurysms did not grow, and if they don’t grow again this time, I can graduate to one annually.
- Started literary Salon.
- Took a writing class with SARK (Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy) and met tons of friends who are writing books, too, who turned out to be better writing teachers than SARK.
- Spent a lot of good, happy times with my family.
- Kept up with my watercolors, making a couple of fairly good paintings.
- Met up with my oldest, dearest friend Scott, who I now hang out with regularly.
- Took several tele-seminars in great topics like World-Changing Writing. They were fantastic and turned me into a full-time writer again.
- Got a PEMF machine; use it around 45 minutes every day. Lowered pain meds dosage on most days.
- Tried to be kinder to myself. Easier said than done.
2012 (What is to come)
- Join PeTA (check! done!….I know many of you will be haters because of their very public stunts: those are the very reason I am joining. I believe
that PeTA’s popular culture status does more to promote veganism than any group like the Humane Society [with its obnoxious commercials].)
- See Art.
- Visit museums of every kind once every month or two. And just deal with the mobility issue.
- Finish my book enough to start sending it around to publishers.
- Get to see more Goddard friends like Lana, Gerard, Mary, and Christian.
- Go to the theater.
- Take an art class.
- Go to the movies more often.
- Be organized and present for my writing group, so that we can get our new ideal group off the ground.
- Hang out with Scott.
- Make art: watercolors, tissue collage, lunch boxes. Many media. Make something once a week.
- Try not to think I’m dying right away when it’s just another health thing.
- Spend lots of time with the boyz (Harrison, Aiden, Greg, Jacob).
- Spend time with the parents.
- Day 347. Pretty in PEMF (heidiwriting.wordpress.com)